Winston cigarettes tastes good just like a cigarette should.
are manufactured by R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company or its newer affiliates as RJR Nabisco. The brand was introduced in 1954, and became the best-selling brand of cigarettes in the United States. It held the Number 1 spot from 1966 to 1972, thanks to the successful marketing slogan "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should."
In the last national survey in 2005, Winston ranked sixth in market value.
Popular Brands Winston is one of the leading cigarette brands in the world today, thanks to its natural smoothness and richness.
- Winston (Central Europe Made)
- Winston (Swiss Made)
- Winston Balanced Blue (Central Europe Made)
- Winston Blue Super Slim (Central Europe Made)
- Winston Blue Super Slim (Swiss Made)
- Winston Lights Blue KS (Swiss Made)
- Winston SS Menthol (Central Europe Made)
- Winston Lights Blue (Central Europe Made)
- Winston Premier Gold (Central Europe Made)
- Winston Silver Super Lights (Central Europe Made)
- Winston White (Central Europe Made)
- Winston XS Blue (Central Europe Made)
The most popular brand Winston is also known for its more recent claim of being "additive free" although a secondary warning label on their advertisements states that "no additives in our tobacco does not mean a safer cigarette". During the 1980s, Winston cigarettes became the most popular brand in Puerto Rico. From 1971-2001, Winston was the series sponsor to NHRA Drag Racing.
Winston Lights and Ultra Lights: Since changing to the new pack style in late 2008, Winston has removed "additive free" from the text on the pack. In 2010, brand descriptors for Winston Lights and Ultra Lights were changed to color-coded descriptors in order to comply with FDA regulation of tobacco products.